Voyager™ Hand-held Induction System
Get Off The Bench
Radyne’s innovative new Voyager™ portable hand-held induction heating system bridges the gap between gas torches and induction technology. These systems are ideal for use in tight spaces.
Put Out The Flame
- Remove torches and open flames from the workplace
- Improve operator safety and reduce training requirements
- No more inventorying, moving, or paying for gas cylinders
- Eliminate the need for Carbon Monoxide (CO) venting
- Achieve a superior finish without part sooting
The Power of Mobility
- Provide the power of induction to “hard-to-reach” areas
- Lightweight and compact design
- Mobile or Benchtop Configurations
- Available with an integrated chiller system for maximum flexibility – just add power
- Great for confined space applications
Control You Can Count On
- Repeatability with easily programmable heating recipes
- The integrated trigger for ease of use (optional footswitch)
- Adjustable power levels for precise results
- Standard or custom inductors are available
- Induction technology heats the material directly, reducing the energy required to achieve desirable results.
- Produce faster, more consistent, and higher quality braze joints than what is possible with a flame torch.
The Right Size Tool for the Job
The Voyager™ product line is extremely versatile.
- Voyager™ products are perfect for brazing operations because they are both powerful enough to achieve the required temperatures for brazing and mobile enough to reach hard-to-reach areas on larger assemblies that are not easily moved.
- Soldering requires precise control of heat and temperature to avoid damaging delicate parts. Voyager™ products provide unmatched control of how much power is used and where that power is directed.
- Shrink Fitting
- Voyager™ products can be used to perform or reverse the shrink-fitting process in on-site applications. this can be especially useful for large parts that are not easily removed from an assembly to be placed in a furnace or stationary induction coil.
- Weld Stress Relieving
- Voyager™ products can be used to selectively stress relieve the welded areas of components. This can be done by hand, or by mounting the unit to a robotic system.
- Voyager™ products can be used to quickly cure coatings applied over electrically conductive surfaces by heating up the surface below.
- Voyager™ products can be used to dry electrically conductive surfaces of residual liquids by heating the base surface to a temperature greater than the vaporization point of the liquid.
- Wire Stripping
- Voyager™ products can be utilized for stripping certain coatings from wires. This works by heating the wire to a temperature at which the outer coating is damaged or burned off.
- Bolt Busting
Voyager™ products are also perfect for integration with automation. The ergonomic shape of the housing makes it ideal for hand-holding as well as robot mounting and stationary mounting.
Voyager™ Mobile Package
The Voyager™ Mobile Package comes with everything you need to bring your workstation to the job. The system features a VersaPower®-Xtreme™ power supply, a Voyager™ Hand-held heat station, and a closed-loop cooling system. For the cooling system, the mobile package is offered with either a chiller or a water-to-water heat exchanger. When equipped with a chiller, the Voyager™ Mobile Package only requires a power hookup to run. The entire system is mounted securely on a rolling cart for easy movement.